Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Perfect Apple Pie

October 28, 2010


I continued to make the recipes from my baking calendar. This pie called for a premade crust, but I used Rynell's mom's recipe for the pie crust. It always turns out great, nice golden flakey shell. As usual, I took it to work for my co-workers enjoyment

Perfect Apple Pie

Filling:
6 c thinkly sliced, peeled apples
3/4 c sugar
2 T flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp lemon juice

Heat oven to 425°. Mix ingredients for filling in large bowl. Spoon mixture in to prepared pie shell. Top with second pastry shell; seal edge and flute. Cut shapes out of remaining pastry shell.

Cover edge of pie dish with 2-3 inches of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments: