June 26-28, 2011
After Grandma's birthday party in Mesa, we drove to Holbrook. It was my turn to show Mike where part of my family came from and stay in the Wigwam Motel.
On the way we stopped off to goof around. We liked the brightly green painted aliens and wondered how they would look in our front yard.
We spent half a day going through the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. I got a picture of all my nieces and nephews on one of the large petrified logs. It was fun to spend time with them.
Above are my nephews receiving their Junior Ranger badges. I'm proud of Mike also, who was receiving his.
On the drive back home to Utah, I made Mike stop at Canyon De Chelly. It is a beautiful area with lots of Native American History. The picture above is at Spider Rock.





No comments:
Post a Comment