Christmas treats...yum, yum, yum! This year I made caramel popcorn on my own. I helped some roommates back in my college days to make some once. So I figured it wouldn't be so bad doing it on my own. I'm glad I have a huge bowl, because it makes a lot. I used the recipe from allrecipes.com.
Caramel Popcorn
1 cup
butter
2 cups
brown sugar
1/2 cup
corn syrup
1 teaspoon
salt
1/2 teaspoon
baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 quarts popped popcorn
Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
I baked the popcorn for a little over 30 minutes because I like my caramel a little softer and it turned out excellent.
In addition to the popcorn, I made rice crispy treats in the shape of stars, and....
Ginger bread men. I think they looked pretty cool and it was less work than the real cookie.



No comments:
Post a Comment