Sunday, December 2, 2012

My First Chili





I've never made chili before and figured I needed to add it to my recipes. I searched the internet for quite some time looking at all the different recipes. I settled on one that looked decent and then found another just as tempting to try...so i took a big risk and made up my own recipe. I am so happy about the the way it turned out, but I was even more happy that Mike really liked it. So, here is my chili recipe as best as I can recall from memory of what I did.

My First Chili


1 lbs ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes (slightly pureed)
2 cans kidney beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 stalks celery (chopped)
1 Tbs jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs Argentine steak rub
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup water
1 tsp sugar
salt & pepper
hot sauce
oil (for frying) 
 
Toppings:
sour cream (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
chopped raw onion (optional)

Sautee garlic, onions, green peppers in oil. Brown ground beef. All all other ingredients and simmer for 1-2 hours. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and onions.

The chili freezes well, is great for cold days and yummy served with a baked potato. This recipe is really not hard...just a lot of chopping to do. I hope ya'll enjoy!

No comments: