Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby's First Christmas

We drove all the way to Midland, TX for Christmas this year. Benjamin was very excited as we started out our trip. We had good weather all the way, despite the fact it was cold.

We stayed in NM the first night. We had breakfast with Tio Dani, Tia Estela and Mariela, Clay and Sofia. I felt like it had been way too long since I last saw them and it was good to catch up and visit with them. We had a very yummy breakfast of baked french toast, eggs and bacon. Thank you for the great time!
 Baby had fun opening gifts. Of course, he loved the wrapping paper!
Mike received DVDs of all his slides from his mission. They are now preserved. He had fun reminiscing the good old days!
 We saw Aunt Wendy, and Mike and Benjamin got to meet David and all the kids for the first time. Baby had fun with all the kids and received lots of attention.
 He finally got pooped out by the end of Christmas day.

I got to see the Hobbit with Mom and Ariana. I really enjoyed being able to take off and see a movie. It was a guilty pleasure. I took Mike out to eat at Rosa's Cafe...which he enjoyed. Then we also ate at Luigi's downtown so that I could eat their famous pastrami sandwich. Yum, yum! Also, Dad took us out to one of his producing wells. Mike got an education on the oil business in West Texas. We also got a chance to visit with David's sister, Becca; and had a fun time catching up.

Finally, the day arrived for our departure. We left Midland and went to Carlsbad Caverns. The caves are as spectacular as ever and Ranger Mike (above) was impressed. I hope some of the pictures he took from the caverns came out.
After a long drive home, here are the boys relaxing in their own way. We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: