Thursday, November 5, 2009

De-Clutter Project (Part III)

So...de-clutter project number II from earlier this year didn't go as well as I had hoped, but number III went well. I have a ton of stuff to take to DI and I feel happy that I'm going to give it away. Now I need to do the follow through and actually drive it over to DI. I will give myself till this Saturday to take it over.

A majority of the items I'm getting rid of are clothes. As I was making a list of the items (okay, so I will be turning it in for a tax deduction) I noticed that the clothes all started with the letter "S". For entertainment purposes, I will list out those items: shirts, shoes, sweaters, skirts, socks, suits, silk shirts, scarves and jackets. Well, jackets doesn't start with an "S" but it does end with one. LOL!!!

Another thing I got rid of were shoe boxes. Those went in the trash. I bought four pairs of shoes about a month ago and threw away eight pairs. I'd worn them down pretty good, so they weren't worth giving away. I ended up with more shoe boxes and always think that I'll be able to use them for some purpose and save them. Well, I tossed about eight shoe boxes. Afterwords I realized they were taking up quite a bit of space.

This has been perfect timing for de-cluttering. Since the holidays are coming I can go shopping and fill up the space with some more fun stuff. :-)

1 comment:

Mariela said...

I like decluttering. It's always surprising to me how much we seem to hoard things. So much trash for just 2 people. I try to keep up with it but it does take a lot of time and work to do a thorough job!