Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicken Yum Yum


I got this recipe from one of my roommates my first year of college. One weekend I went with her to her family's home and her mom made this for dinner after church.

Chicken Yum Yum

1 whole chicken, cooked and diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz container sour cream
1 pkg stuffing with seasoning
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)

Preheat oven to 350°. Layer diced chicken into bottom of 9x13 pan. Mix soup and sour cream together and spread over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing over mixture. Pour butter over stuffing and then chicken broth. Bake for 30 minutes.

Okay...you don't have to use a whole chicken! You can use chicken breast, about 4-5 depending on how meaty you want your dish. I like to cook my chicken breast in the crock pot because it turns out nice and tender. The real recipe calls for 1 cup chicken broth, but I like my stuffing crunchy so I use less.

No comments: