It's not Martha Stewart's, but it looked great for my skill level and tasted yum! I made the cake for the Stuy Family Christmas party. I really liked the gingerbread cookie recipes I used. There were two different recipes I made to achieve the dark molasses colored houses and the honey colored houses. I halved the recipe of both because it makes a lot of dough. I cut shape of the homes based off of dutch row houses I looked up on the web. The molasses houses had honey windows and vise-versa to give it a bit of a 3D effect. I made royal icing to make the detail on the house. I made Ben some gingerbread men that he got to help decorate after the houses were all made.
Since the cookies were so time consuming, I used a spiced cake mix. The frosting I used was made with whipped cream and cream cheese. The combination is light and fluffy and keeps the frosting from melting if it's going to be a while before it gets served. I sprinkled edible glitter on the top to give is a shimmering snow effect.
Below is detail of all the houses I decorated.







No comments:
Post a Comment