I made the perfect Christmas gift for Mike last month. If anyone knows him, he's a fan of BYU football. I'd say he has a love/hate relationship with watching them play. So when Mike mentioned he would like a BYU blanket (I think he was a little jealous that I hadn't made him a blanket since I've made Ben and Levi quilts) I remembered that when I was in Texas last November I helped tie a blanket for my mom to give as a gift to my Uncle John.
Before making my Uncle John's blanket, I had only made a tied fleece quilt once before. It was tied making knots. The technique for Uncle John's and Mike's blanket was different because after cutting the strips, instead of tying them in a knot, a hole was cut in the top center of the strip in order to thread the strips through. I used a crochet hook to help pull it through. This reduces the amount of bulkiness around the edge.
It has been a cold winter so far and I'm happy to see that Mike uses is every time he gets a chance to settle down to watch a show!


No comments:
Post a Comment