Monday, February 11, 2013

Zuppa Toscana

I'm not the biggest fan of soup. However, there are a few soups out there that are quite exceptional for me. One of those is Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. After the dinner party I ended up with left over kale that I wanted to use. The only other time I've ever had kale is in the Zuppa Toscana. I used the recipe found here: copycat zuppa. I think it turned out amazing!

A word of warning though, I found the instructions for the soup to be a little confusing. I felt like something was missing and had to muddle my way through it. The instructions indicate to cook the sausage in the pot. I would then remove the sausage and drain the grease. Then saute the garlic and onions add the potatoes and cook them for a while before adding the broth and water. After that you should be able to follow the rest of the instructions. However, there may other recipes out there with better instructions. I'll have to experiment a bit next time to make sure I can get it to an order I like.

No comments: