Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lemony Shrimp Scampi

Here is my second shrimp dish that I got out of my Everyday Food magazine. This is a quick meal...I think that boiling the water took the longest. I would say it's a relatively inexpensive meal as well. I loved this dish and will be adding it to my list of meals I rotate through.

Lemony Shrimp Scampi

Salt and pepper
3/4 lb angel-hair pasta
2 T olive oil
3/4 lb large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 T butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c lemon juice (from 2 lemons), plus wedges for serving
2 T chopped fresh parsley

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and garlic to skillet and saute until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Add pasta and shrimp and toss to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.

I bought fresh parsley for this dish. I really like how it adds to the recipe. If you store the parsley correctly, it will last a long time and you can use it in other dishes--like spaghetti sauce and meatloaf.

No comments: