Friday, July 6, 2012
Creamy Mango Sorbet
I got Mike a Fruit-of-the-Month Club gift from Harry and David's for Christmas last year. Last weekend the honey mangoes arrived. I have to admit that both Mike and I are not fond of mangoes. However, making smoothies and sorbets made them palatable for the both of us.
I found the recipe for Creamy Mango Sorbet on allrecipes.com. It's one of my favorite places to go for new recipes. There were a few differences that I made and here's my version:
Mango Sorbet
2 mangoes, ripe and diced
1 c vanilla ice cream
1 c ice cubes
1/4 c sugar
Combine all ingredients in mixer and puree. Freeze in zip lock bag and kneed every 15 minutes. Will be ready to serve in 1 hour.
Since I didn't have any whipping cream on hand, I used vanilla ice cream and reduced the amount of sugar needed. It's best to try your mango to see how sweet or tart it is and you'll have to adjust the sugar you use. I also garnished the sorbet with frozen blueberries. It's what I had on hand and it worked. I think it's a refreshing dessert, especially for these hot summer days we've been experiencing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment