My sister, Wendy, made me some apple butter while she was visiting with us. I've never heard of apple butter before, but I would describe it as a spiced-thick applesauce. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make.
Apple Butter
8-9 apples, chopped (any apple variety)
2/3 c apple juice (or water)
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high for 8 hours (approximately) until apples are soft and mush easily. Put contents in blender and blend until smooth. Put back in crock pot on low for another 4-8 hours. Time depends on how thick you want your apple butter.
As a note, make sure to leave the skin on the apple since it's a good source for nutrients. Also, I will be using water instead of the apple juice and leaving out the cinnamon in the ingredients so I can make this for baby to eat.
This will last for two weeks in your refrigerator.

No comments:
Post a Comment