Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oregon/Washington Trip

I just got back today from Seattle, WA. Last Friday, Ariana and I met up with our parents in Portland, OR. We spend one night in Portland, one in Astoria and two in Seattle. We ate lots of yummy food, so much that I still feel full. One of my favorite dishes was a chanterelle mushroom ravioli in a creamy hazelnut sauce. At the bed and breakfast we stayed at we were served fresh fruit, bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, and a pumpkin muffin. At the Silver Salmon I had a seafood Caesar salad with crab and shrimp. The blackened steak tip appetizer we had there was also very good. We also sampled pastries everywhere we went. One of my favorite things to do was buy hot chocolate. Moonstruck Chocolate was my favorite place. I had a dark hot chocolate with whipping cream and it was perfectly smooth chocolate, not too sweat or bitter.

It rained most of the time. We were very lucky for a non-rainy day in Seattle. It made the sights there really pretty.

I made hotel reservations and did an amazing job of booking us in two places there were being refurbished. Both of them had phones that didn't work. That didn't matter too much, but it was still funny all the same. Also, in the hotel in Portland we found the sign below in the elevator.

While in Astoria we saw the Goonie house. It's amazing to see how everything is located differently than what you think. We saw the monolith Haystack in Cannon Beach. It is the third largest. We were driving along the road, wondering where to find it and then all of a sudden it appeared in front of us. The size of it surprised me.

I took tons of pictures and there are just a few here for you to see. I hope you enjoy



Also, check out the video I took of our drive through the Ecola State Park. I think we drove about 20 mph, but it felt like we were going much faster as I was recording. Don't get sick....

1 comment:

Rynell said...

Looks like fun! What a beautiful place. I am glad you had a good time.