Monday, August 4, 2008

Dislocated Rib

This is an amusing story even though it hurts to laugh.

So...my side was still hurting this morning especially trying to get out of bed. I called a friend that is studying to be an RN and she suggested going to the chiropractor to see if I dislocated a rib. I already had an appointment for this Friday, but I went ahead and scheduled to go in after work today. I'm glad that I did. The first thing my chiropractor checked was to make sure the rib wasn't cracked. He got a tuning fork, made it vibrate and placed it on different areas on my rib cage. He figured that since I wasn't writhing on the floor the ribs weren't cracked. Apparently the ribs in question criss-crossed. So the next step was to put it back in place with a clicker instrument of some sort. It was kind of painful, but I preferred that to the writhing part he warned me about. I'm supposed to take it easy for the next couple of weeks.

Well, I must say this is the worst injury I've received dancing (or ever). At least I don't have a performance coming up.

3 comments:

Nonna-L said...

Get well soon. [-O<

Rynell said...

oh my! I hope you feel better soon...

Mariela said...

Ouch! I hope your feeling better soon! You must have been workin it! haha!