Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chaos! (and other stuff)

Do you ever feel like everything turns to chaos when one thing throws you off? or you try a de-clutter project?

With the rib injury I'm supposed to take it easy. So it just makes it harder to finish putting laundry away, putting the dishes in the dishwasher, taking out the trash....those kinds of things. Then I start feeling like I can't do anything till I clean up the mess. It's like I'm stuck in limbo till I can move more freely (and I am much better). Usually, I make sure to clean things up before working on another project, but not this time. I started a new project.

Ariana will be coming to stay with me next month in September. I decided to de-clutter a few items and be a little more organized in my home. This way Ariana will have room to store her things. I ended up with piles all over the place and everything was in disarray. I almost started to panic thinking I would never get all my stuff back into the boxes and put away to fit just right on the shelves. But...then I took a couple of breaths and reminded myself that this is a month-long project and I shouldn't expect to complete everything in one day.

A few times I felt like I pushed myself a little too much. I did accomplish a couple things, though. My pictures are organized and I tried out a new cookie recipe. The cookies were yummy. heehee!!!

other stuff:

I just have to mention the opening ceremonies to the Olympics were amazing! It was a spectacular show and I wouldn't mind being there to witness the goings on. Also, I saw in the news that Pres Bush had some talks with the Chinese leaders to talk about peace and religious freedom. What do you think about that? I think it's amazing news!!!

2 comments:

Rynell said...

This happens to me too...home organization chaos.

I hope you feel better soon and can do your normal things again.

P.S. I just read a book called It's All Too Much...it has spurred some new approaches to de-cluttering/organization for me.

Mariela said...

This summer I cleaned out 3 closets. It took a whole week and it was such a disaster! But it was worth getting rid of everything we don't need. Clays a horder! haha