Friday, May 15, 2015

Puffy (Biscuit) Baby Quilt

I made this puffy baby quilt for a friend's baby shower. I had so much fun making this quilt. I got to use the design wall Mike got me for my birthday. It makes it easy to place and design the pattern. This quilt is very forgiving if you don't sew the lines straight.
 So, step by step, I laid the squares out.
 Next I sewed the pockets. The pockets have a backing so that the pleats can be made.
 Here the pockets are sewn in rows. The tops are open.
Next, they are stuffed with filling. Then they are sewn shut and the rows are sewn together. For this quilt, I decided to tie the backing to the quilt and machine sew the binding.
The final product is a super comfy puffy quilt. The yellow squares are minky which adds a different texture that babies love.


No comments: