Here's a yummy chicken burrito. It doesn't appear as anything out of the ordinary, but I did a couple things to make it extra tasty. I made my own salsa (or in this case it's really pico de gallo since it wasn't cooked in any way) and I marinated the chicken in it before grilling.
Chicken Burrito
Tortillas, white or wheat
Refried beans
Green or red leaf lettuce
Grilled chicken, marinated in Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo (see recipe below)
Cheese, shredded
Sour cream (optional)
Guacamole (optional)
I marinated the chicken with one cup of salsa for a few hours before grilling it. Depending on the amount of people you are serving, you can increase or decrease the amount of salsa. Layer as desired and enjoy. I would have added sour cream and guacamole, but i didn't have any on hand.
Pico de Gallo
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
5 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
Cilantro, approximately 3 T after chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Coarsely chop all the ingredients above and blend on a pulse setting till you get your desired consistency.
The Pico de Gallo works great for the marinade, but I will add a bit of lime to the next batch I make. The fresh ingredients are always the best way to make a dish taste and look great.

No comments:
Post a Comment