
Since this was the first Father's Day for Mike, I wanted to make a special meal. We had steak, potatoes and corn on the cob...a man's meal. I price matched the steaks for a great deal on the New York strip steaks that I marinated with a recipe I got from a RS meeting (what seems like ages ago in Midland). Then Mike grilled them...they were one of the most amazing steaks I've ever had at home.
Pepper Garlic Beef Marinade
1/4 c butter
1/3 c lemon juice
1 T sugar
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Stir in meat and marinade 15 minutes. Grill as desired.
As a note, I did not use the hot pepper sauce since I'm breast feeding Benjamin. However, I did use a bit of cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. It is definitely a marinade I will use again.

For dessert I made a frozen strawberry yogurt pie that is supper easy to make. It is two yogurt containers mixed with half a container of whipped topping. Pour into a graham cracker pie shell and freeze. It's a great refreshing dessert for a hot day. Plus, it is inexpensive for the ingredients.

Here is Benjamin wishing his dad a Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment