
It's been a while since I've posted a recipe and I was craving peanut butter and oats, plus I needed a treat for work. So, I found this peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe on allrecipes.com. There were a couple of alterations but this is what I ended up with.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c 2 T sugar
1/2 c peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c oats
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add egg. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats. Bake 10-15 minutes.
I really liked the cookies. The changes from the original recipe were substituting butter for the shortening and margarine, and doubling the amount of oats. This recipe only makes 2 dozen cookies, so it can be easily doubled if you need more cookies.
2 comments:
Spooky....I just got a box of those at the store, Ariana wanted some and I hate the smell of peanut butter. Wish you were closer...hee..hee..hee... Enjoy!
Where do you get all your recipes. I don't really care for peanut butter cookies but those look yummy!
Post a Comment