Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Book Group


I had book group tonight and really enjoyed our discussion on Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. It was an uplifting book that is very simple and profound. One lesson to be learned is to stretch yourself and to experience life even though it takes several tries to get it right.

There's more to life than eating and sleeping and only doing what it takes to survive from one day to the next. I have days where I feel like I'm in survival mode, but I feel amazing and energized when I take the initiative to try new things.

Another theme that the book had was love-unconditional love. Loving people is hard, especially when you are rejected. However, Christ was able to love after being rejected, ridiculed and crucified. I think you can learn to love, but it takes practice.

This is a good book to read and one that I think you can get more out of each time you read.

1 comment:

Mariela said...

I bet it was fun to see your parents. I'm glad they were able to visit! It sounds like it was a great book! We get stuck in survival 2! It's almost hard not to. I enjoy trying new things as well! It's hard to get out of such a repetitive routine It just goes by so fast you miss everything.